"In the end, they decided to forego the ritual"

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "In the end, they decided to forego the ritual"

In order to direct the play, Barry, who is not Jewish, said he needed “first to jam with Caplan about his Jewish heritage” and then to sort out his own feelings about the Jewish religion. He and Moscovitch had been together for about a decade when their son, Elijah, was born, and they had to decide whether or not to circumcise him. “Even though I’ve directed a number of Jewish plays,” he said, “it’s different when you have a progressive Jewish wife and her rabbi, who say that circumcision is not necessary in order to be Jewish. And I had an instinct not to cause pain to my son.” (In the end, they decided to forego the ritual.)
      jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/t…bate-with-a-klezmer-wail/
      Deutscher Bundestag 2013: "Mädchen sind toll, so wie sie sind. Und niemand hat das Recht ihnen weh zu tun und an ihrer Vulva etwas abzuschneiden"
      Deutscher Bundestag 2012: "Jungen sind nicht unbedingt toll, so wie sie sind. Und alle Eltern haben das Recht ihnen weh zu tun und an ihrem Penis etwas abzuschneiden"