"It's a boy" - Dokumentarfilm mit deutschen Untertiteln zum günstigen Download

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "It's a boy" - Dokumentarfilm mit deutschen Untertiteln zum günstigen Download

Dokumentarfilm über männliche Beschneidung. Regisseur Victor Schonfeld, selbst Vater und Jude, untersucht innerhalb der jüdischen und muslimischen Communities in London und weltweit die Auswirkungen des Eingriffs auf kleine Jungen als Frage der Kinderrechte.

Der Film wurde von “The Independent on Sunday” zum TV-Programm des Jahres gekürt und gilt nun als Standardwerk zur kontroversen Debatte über männliche Beschneidung.
      Ursprünglich bei Channel 4 ausgestrahlt, zeigt IT'S A BOY Aufnahmen des Eingriffs und schildert seine Auswirkungen auf die Jungen. Regisseur Victor Schonfeld präsentiert die Diskussion als Frage der Kinderrechte und interviewt Experten jüdischen und muslimischen Glaubens, Mediziner und Familien. Seinen Schwerpunkt legt Schonfeld auf die aktuelle Situation der jüdischen Gemeinschaft in London und weltweit

It's a boy!
    • Jewish and Muslim children also deserve protection from a hurtful, dangerous, barbaric custom long overdue for replacement. Circumcision (Male Sexual Mutilation) is an amputation of a healthy, sensitive body part that is performed without specific medical need, and without the patient's consent. Elected leaders of conscience should not support a custom that so obviously infringes principles enshrined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child..... Sadly, I explain that there is enforced ignorance, as was the case when our family was pressured into having her older brother circumcised (sexually mutilated) as an infant. Only after we witnessed his agony did we realize we'd been bullied into betraying our protective roles. I explain that injuries and near-deaths are hushed up all the time, though each day hundreds of such incidents occur globally among those who practice the rite (as research by the British organization NORM-UK reveals). I explain that fatalities are rarely spoken of, though each day brings three or four. And the lost children have sometimes been erased from Jewish family trees, as my film attests. That can be comprehended perhaps as a legacy of the Talmud, which instructs that a mother may cease offering babies for circumcision after three of her offspring have died from it.

Victor S. Schonfeld