Eric J. Cunningham - Ought Implies Can: A Kantian Analysis of the Morality of the Use of Neonatal Tissue in Biotechnology

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Eric J. Cunningham - Ought Implies Can: A Kantian Analysis of the Morality of the Use of Neonatal Tissue in Biotechnology

In dieser Abhandlung von Eric J. Cunningham geht es um die moralischen/ethischen Aspekte bei der Weiterverarbeitung von neonatalen Vorhautgewebe, welches aufgrund seiner Reichhaltigkeit an Stammzellen als besonders wertvoll gilt. Er nähert sich dabei dem Thema über die Sichtweisen und Wertvorstellungen von diversen philosophischen Gelehrten an:

Eric J. Cunningham schrieb:

This paper seeks to address the ethical and moral implications of the utilization of neonatal foreskin tissue in biotechnology. Under the framing of Heidegger’s The Question Concerning Technology, I extend the Heideggerian concept of Enframing and standing-reserve into the utilization of neonatal tissue as a resource for biotechnology and as a commodity in general. I proceed with a meticulous moral analysis of this practice employing a synthesis of Kantian and Schopenhauerian moral philosophies. I argue that the practice of using neonatal tissue in this routine, commodified manner constitutes partial murder of the child, theft, and wrongful use, which violates Kantian ethical principles. As such, the use of neonatal foreskin tissue in the current paradigm must be abandoned.

Das Paper ging in dieser Form noch nicht durch den Peer Review-Prozess, der Autor hat aber Feedback gebeten und die Verbreitung ausdrücklich gestattet.
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"