"This tissue that otherwise would just go in the trash"

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "This tissue that otherwise would just go in the trash"

"We're in a very, very different world than when these regulations were first written," says Dr. Jerry Menikoff, who heads the HHS Office of Human Research Protections. "The goal is to modernize the rules to make sure terrible things don't happen."

Sind wir das wirklich, wenn bronzezeitliche Verstümmelungsriten Anwendung finden?

Under the new rules, scientists would only be able to do research on biological specimens from people who explicitly agree to it: " 'I'm OK with that. I'm OK with future research studies taking place using the leftover portions of my tumor or blood,' " Menikoff says.

Man meint natürlich nur, dass man die Eltern um Zustimmung fragen müsste. Nicht das Baby. Denn dann wäre die Verwendung ja unmöglich. Denn das Baby kann sich noch nicht äußern.
      "It's now going to be much more onerous to get this tissue that otherwise would just go in the trash," says Dr. Luis Garza, a Johns Hopkins University dermatologist who uses foreskin from circumcisions for a variety of experiments. "It's creating barriers for working on human tissue, which is what we need to do to solve human disease."

Onerous, beschwerlich, ja, ja! Vielleicht kämen die Eltern auch noch auf die Idee, finanziell am Raub der Vorhaut partizipieren zu wollen? Halbe-Halbe? 125 Mäuse für euch, 125 für uns?

*Kotz* *spei* *göbel*

Enrico Fermi, 1945: "Lasst mich in Ruhe mit euren Gewissensbissen, das ist doch so schöne Physik!"

Heute:
      Lasst mich in Ruhe mit euren Gewissensbissen - das ist doch so schöne Biologie!

knpr.org/npr/2015-11/controver…rotect-humans-experiments
      Vorhaut hat Vorteile. Sonst gäbe es sie nicht.