In defense of Jewish circumcision by Dennis Prager

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• In defense of Jewish circumcision by Dennis Prager

Dennis Prager schrieb:

In fact, circumcision is both medically and religiously necessary.
      Ähm...

Dennis Prager schrieb:

Personally, I would endorse the bris even if there were no medical benefits. I only cite these benefits to refute those who argue that circumcision is not beneficial, or is even harmful.

Dennis Prager schrieb:

As for “mutilation,” that is a complete misuse of the term. The term properly describes what is done in many Muslim societies to the genitalia of young girls. That is why it is called “female genital mutilation.” Its vile purpose is to deprive women of the ability to enjoy sexual intercourse. And its effects are prolonged excruciating pain and permanent physical disfigurement. To compare that to the removal of the foreskin is not only absurd, it trivializes the horror of female genital mutilation.
      Permanent physical disfigurement - die Vorhaut zu entfernen ist genau das.

Dennis Prager schrieb:

With regard to pain, of course the baby experiences pain. The question is how much and whether there is any lasting trauma.
      The amount of pain is essentially impossible to judge for a number of
      reasons, however. One reason is that we can’t ask the baby: “What is
      your level of pain from 1 to 10?” Another is that many babies barely
      whimper during the brit. Virtually all cry far more loudly and for far
      more time when they have gas or are hungry — and neither condition is
      regarded as abnormally painful, let alone traumatic.

Dennis Prager schrieb:

There is no halachic issue here; after all, adult men who undergo a brit can be fully anesthetized.
      Warum dann nicht gleich warten und erwachsene Menschen selber entscheiden lassen?

Dennis Prager schrieb:

To assess whether one wants one’s son to undergo a brit milah, one has to recognize one of the most important laws of life: Everything has a price. There is a price paid for having a brit, and there is a price paid for not having one.
      Achso, was ist denn der Preis dafür keine zu haben? Anscheinend kann man sie doch auch als Erwachsener selbstbestimmt nachholen?

Dennis Prager schrieb:

The price for having one is momentary pain in an infant. That’s it. The idea that a man pays some lasting price for not having his foreskin is refuted by the experience of virtually every circumcised male who has ever lived. I have only met one man in my life who was troubled about not having his foreskin. On my radio show, I once interviewed a spokesman for an anti-circumcision group based in — you’ll be shocked to learn — San Francisco. And I told him I thought he must be very bored to devote so much of his time to lamenting his lost foreskin.
      *Brech* <X

jewishjournal.com/dennis_prage…se_of_jewish_circumcision
    • Da ist man echt sprachlos.
      Dieser Mann leidet an einer schweren Form der Verkennung.
      • Die Vorhaut kann mit einer Rosenknospe verglichen werden. Wie eine Rosenknospe wird sie erst blühen, wenn die Zeit gekommen ist. Niemand öffnet eine Rosenknospe, um sie zum Blühen zu bringen (Dr. med. H. L. Tan).
      • Alle Wahrheit verläuft in drei Stadien: Im ersten wird sie verlacht. Im zweiten wird sie vehement bekämpft. Im dritten wird sie als selbstverständlich anerkannt (Arthur Schopenhauer).
      • Toleranz wird zum Verbrechen, wenn sie dem Bösen gilt (Thomas Mann)
    • Die Argumente sind sowas von dürftig. Da muss gar Afrika als Zeuge dafür herhalten, dass die Beschneidung notwendig sei, obwohl man trotz der Millionen von Dollars, die die Amis dort in die Beschneidungsprogramme pumpen, Probleme hat, die Planzahlen zu erfüllen. Das ist alles sowas von absurd, dass man gar nicht mehr weiß was man sagen soll. Letzendlich bleibt aber wieder nur ein Eindruck übrig: Die Beschneidung muss gut sein. Das ist "alternativlos", weil ihm die Augen feucht werden, wenn er seine Söhne beschneiden lässt und weil seine Eltern ihm antaten, was er seinen Söhnen antut. Jeder Zweifel daran, dass da irgendwas nicht ok mit sein könnte, würde sein gesamtes Weltbild zum wanken bringen und in ein unauflösliches Dilemma bringen. Die Beschneidung muss gut sein. Andernfalls... Nein, lieber schnell aufhören zu denken.