Muzzy Izzet über seine Beschneidung im Kindesalter

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Muzzy Izzet über seine Beschneidung im Kindesalter

When I was six years old, I was circumcised. It's one of my earliest memories. It's not a pleasant one.
      They call it a Sunet in Turkey and it's marked, naturally, with a party; a Sunet party. They like to celebrate, the Turks.
      Even the removal of a terrified six-year-old boy's foreskin is an excuse for a party. I liked the party. I was less keen on the circumcision.
      My Nan paid for it. She insisted every good Turkish boy needed to be circumcised.
      "Will it be painful, Dad?" I remember asking my father, as he ruffled my hair and tried to pretend that it wouldn't hurt and that, instead, it would make a man of me.
      I knew, though. I knew he wasn't telling me the truth.
      They gave me an anaesthetic, thankfully, but I remember vividly lying on the operating table with a huge screen over my midriff so I couldn't see what they were doing. All I remember was a bandage the size of a baked
      bean can.
      You might think you can imagine how painful that was but you can't. Not really. It was agony. The agony lasted for days.
      When I first played for Turkey, the other players gathered round in the changing room, pointing at my old chap. They wanted to know if I'd had it done, if I was "a good Turkish boy".
      So I showed them. They nodded their approval. And that was that.I can safely say that I've never shown my penis before, or since, to a group of approving young men, but, if nothing else, it seemed to help the bonding process.
      I have a young son today. He will know all about his Turkish heritage. He will be a good Turkish/English boy – but he won't go through that.

Read more: leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-ta…/story.html#ixzz3lFWM6ip2

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook