Assessing a religious practice from secular-ethical grounds

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Assessing a religious practice from secular-ethical grounds

"For people who say that an infant won’t consciously remember the trauma of being circumcised, that much is probably true. We do have reason to think that unconscious [memories] and long term changes in brain functioning might be happening, but there’s more research that has to be done to understand the extent. And, of course, a lot of infants grow up to become men who don’t particularly care that they were circumcised, or that even happen to like their penises without a foreskin for whatever reason. I have no doubt about those two points. But there’s a third consideration, and that’s the existence of a large number of men who don’t remember the actual surgery, because they were just a few days old at the time, but who now look down at their genitals and compare what they see to the information that’s available to them on the internet, [who reflect on the norms of bodily integrity they have been raised with in the wider society], and who feel, as my friend feels, and as a lot of men that I’ve talked with about this feel, that they’ve been sexually harmed."

academia.edu/5790352/Assessing…_and_a_note_about_respect
      "Man muss diese versteinerten Verhältnisse dadurch zum Tanzen zwingen, dass man ihnen ihre eigne Melodie vorsingt!" K.M.